- This event has passed.
More Europe Amsterdam Debate
19th September 2012
Beyond markets: culture and creative industries in the EU’s external relations.
This debate, co-organised with the European Cultural Foundation, discussed culture and the economy in the EU’s external relations: how can culture and creative industries foster cultural diplomacy and cultural relations? What added value culture and creative industries bring to the EU’s external relations?
How can culture and creative industries foster cultural diplomacy and cultural relations?
- Alexander Rinnooy Kan, Professor at the University of Amsterdam, former chair of the Dutch Social & Economic Council
- Andrew Senior, expert in creative economy, Director Andrew Senior Associates Ltd.
- Elisabeth O.Sjaastad, film director and CEO Federation of European Film Directors (FERA)
- Markus Appenzeller, Director and Partner in MLA+, architect
- Frédéric Martel, journalist, writer and author of Mainstream – On the Global Culture War
- Michael Reiterer, Senior Advisor, Asia and Pacific department, European External Action Service
Moderated by Tracy Metz, journalist and author on urban and spatial issues
What added value culture and creative industries bring to the EU’s external relations?
- Marietje Schaake, MEP, committee for Culture, Media and Education and committee for Foreign Affairs
- Katelijn Verstraete, Regional Director East-Asia, Arts and Creative Industries, British Council (starting mid-October 2012), former Deputy Director, Cultural Exchange Department, Asia-Europe Foundation
- Renilde Steeghs, Ambassador for Cultural Cooperation, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Charles Esche, curator, director Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven
- Xavier Troussard, Acting Director for Education and Culture, European Commission (EC)
Moderated by Mercedes Gionvinazzo, Director Interarts, Barcelona