Intern “MORE EUROPE – external cultural relations”
Start date: early March 2020
Launched in 2011, MORE EUROPE is a cultural civil initiative, composed of a public-private partnership of foundations, civil society networks and national cultural institutes, whose objective is to highlight and reinforce the role of culture in the European Union’s external relations. It calls on Member States, civil society, private foundations and EU institutions to work together, combine their views, pool their resources and coordinate their activities in the field of international cultural relations.
The trainee will be involved in all aspects of MORE EUROPE and will support the team. In particular, he/she will perform the following tasks:
- Provide organisational and administrative support to the management team and assist in drafting the agendas and minutes of meetings;
- Assist in the logistical, administrative and organisational management of events, and ensure the follow-up with the speakers and participants;
- Monitor conferences, events, seminars, activities, in the field of external cultural relations;
- Draft newsletter, articles and contribute in drafting papers and publications.
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English and French;
- Excellent administrative, organisational and planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of EU institutions, including decision-making procedures as well as EU law
- Good knowledge of main computer softwares, website and social media management;
- Keen interest in cultural issues in general, as well as in specific topics such as cultural diplomacy, EU Neighbourhood countries.
Beginning of contract/Working Place
- Start date: early March 2020 ;
- Duration: up to 6 months;
- Working Place: Avenue des Arts 58, 1000 Brussels;
- Compulsory internship agreement with an university.
CV and cover letter to be sent by email by Monday, 17 February, 12:00/noon (Brussels time) to Ziad Erraiss at the following email address: email@example.com (subject heading: Application Intern + your name).
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found.